So you’re interested in becoming a Beaneater, huh? Here’s what you should know. We play vintage baseball because it allows us to continue to play competitive baseball and learn a lot about the game’s history at the same time. So it’s competitive baseball, but we make a point not to take it too seriously. Our players are made up of guys who played high school and college baseball, and guys who hadn’t played a game since little league. For detailed info on the rules, click here. If you love baseball, sort of like baseball, or even hate it, vintage baseball is for you. Here are a few more things you should know:
- Dues are $100 per season, collected before the season opener in April.
- Our home games are played on a few different Boston fields.
- Road games are played in nearby MA, ME, NH and RI.
- Heroes welcome. We like to play ball, have a few beers, and have fun.
- It’s not too late. We welcome new members at any point during the season!
To be a Boston Beaneater, fill out the form below and we’ll contact you about the winter meeting, practices and the upcoming season.