So you’re interested in becoming a Beaneater, huh? Here’s what you should know. We play vintage baseball because it allows us to continue to play competitive baseball and learn a lot about the game’s history at the same time. So it’s competitive baseball, but we make a point not to take it too seriously. Our players are made up of guys who played high school and college baseball, and guys who hadn’t played a game since little league. For detailed info on the rules, click here. If you love baseball, you’re at least 18 years-old and you can protect yourself on the field, you’re more than welcome to come out to practice and see if vintage baseball is for you. Here are a few more things you should know:
- Dues are $100 per season, collected before the season opener in May.
- Our home games are played on a few different Boston fields.
- Road games are played in nearby MA, NH and RI.
- We will play 10-15 dates in 2017, with some being doubleheaders.
- Games are played on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Uniforms are provided.
- This is a game. It’s fun. No heroes. No jerks.
That should do it. If you still want to be a Beaneater, fill out the form below and we’ll contact you about the winter meeting, practices and the upcoming season.